We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Photo by Stephanie Staton
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 T. olive oil (plus 1 tsp., if necessary)
- large red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⅔ cups light cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package instructions, and set aside in a large chafing dish.
Steam broccoli until tender, 3 to 4 minutes, then add to pasta.
Warm 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large frying pan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken strips, and working in batches as necessary, sauté until chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set chicken aside. If necessary, add additional oil to pan and return to medium-high burner, adding red pepper and garlic. Sauté until pepper is tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add cream and heat while stirring, about 1 minute. Add cheeses and stir until melted. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce thickens, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour sauce over pasta-broccoli mixture; fold in chicken. Keep warm in chafing dish until ready to serve.